You just need 30 minutes to make this 5-ingredient crescent roll pizza recipe on a sheet pan. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
I still remember my surprise the first time I saw a friend of mine eating a butter croissant filled with ham and cheese. I had to check twice to convince myself that I wasn’t mistaken. Yes, my friend was holding a flaky, buttery, sweet croissant cut in half and in the middle were some thick slices of ham and cheese!
I asked him if what he was eating was good, and he replied: “Better than any sandwich you’ve ever had”.
I was hooked.
Since then, there have been many times I’ve treated myself to this snack, and today I’m going one step further. I’m making a pizza with croissant dough!
Croissant dough is a lot like puff pastry. To make it, you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, rolling out the dough, folding it with butter, cooling it in the fridge and repeating this process many times.
The purpose of this procedure is to form thin layers of dough with butter between them, in order when they get baked, to form this light, airy, flaky, buttery and irresistible pastry. Speaking of puff pastry got me thinking of this amazing deep dish chicken pie... Try it out!
I’m a guy who likes things made from scratch. But in some cases (like phyllo or puff pastry) a store-bought product can be better than the one we’ll make in our kitchen, or the time spending to make it just isn’t worth it.
That’s why, even if you can make your own croissant dough, I’m suggesting buying a ready-made one. After all, this recipe is meant to be easy and quick, suitable for a relaxed and stress-free brunch!
For toppings, you can use whatever you like, but I’d suggest keeping things simple since you don’t want to overshadow the role of the dough with a large variety of toppings. A little bit of tomato sauce (or ketchup), some slices of ham, some cheese and maybe some spicy pepperoni will do.
So, what do you say? Should I call this crizza or pizzasant? 🙂
The sweet and savory combination makes this recipe ideal for brunch or breakfast, but you can certainly make this any time of day when you want a snack. I mean why bake croissants when you can bake a crizza? 🙂
Keep things simple and top with some tomato sauce, ham, cheese and something spicy!
Since making croissant dough is very time consuming and requires a lot of work, I suggest buying ready-made dough.
Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven.
Sheet Pan Crescent Roll Pizza Recipe for Breakfast
- 8 ounce can Crescent Roll Dough Sheet
- ½ cup pizza sauce or ketchup ((see notes))
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese ((or gouda or cheddar))
- 8 thin slices ham (cut in strips)
- 10 slices pepperoni
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Open the container with the dough and roll it out on a piece of parchment paper. Form it into a rectangular sheet and pinch together any seams.
- Mix the water with the tomato paste, the garlic powder, the dried oregano and the black pepper. Then, spread it on the dough.
- Top with the ham strips, then the cheese and the pepperoni slices.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven until the cheese is melted and the crust is brown at the edges, about 20-30 minutes.
- ¼ cup thick tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons water
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic powder
If you like this recipe, Pin it!