Fizzy or not, this lemonade will be one of your favorite drinks for the summer! Lavender adds an interesting aroma for a nice change!
When I was younger I used to believe that lavender was only used in potpourri and in little cheesecloth pouches my mom used to make to scent our drawers!
Later, when I became a daily user of the internet and starting searching for new, interesting and exotic recipes, I stumbled upon a lemon-lavender cake. Though after many years I still haven’t made that cake, I still remember my heart skipping a beat at the sight of that lemon-lavender cake recipe! As you can imagine, I immediately started thinking of ways to use lavender in my cooking. This lavender pink lemonade is one of them! It is totally refreshing, with rich lemony flavor and a hint of lavender as an aftertaste!
The thing with lavender is that it has a strong aroma, and because it’s also used in other areas like cosmetics or cleaning products, you’ve got to be very careful with the way you use it because you can easily make your lavender-scented pudding taste like an expensive hand-made soap 🙂 . So use it sparingly!
To make the lemonade pink, I used some pink grapefruit juice because I wanted to stay close to the citrus family and not mix it with other fruit flavors, especially because lavender syrup would add an extra dimension to the final taste. However, I believe that this recipe can work with other red or pink fruits like cranberries, strawberries, blood oranges or raspberries. If you try it, let me know!
Add lemon zest to the syrup for a super rich, lemony flavor!
You can substitute lavender with 4-5 rose geranium leaves for a different, interesting aroma.
To make it fizzy/sparkling just add carbonated water or club soda instead of tap water.
Bee pollen smoothie
Rose geranium tomato marmalade
Share this post if you liked it (share buttons at the top!) and don’t forget to subscribe for new recipes or follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
Lavender pink lemonade
- For the lavender syrup:
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- For the lemonade:
- ¼ cup (60 grams) pink Grapefruit juice
- ¾ cups (180 grams) lemon juice
- 1 cup lavender syrup, you can add more according to taste
- 3-4 cups cold water or carbonated water
- Ice cubes, lemon slices and mint leaves for serving
- Combine all the ingredients for the syrup in a small pot and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, strain, and let it cool.
- Add all the ingredients for the lemonade into a big jug and stir to combine. Taste and add more syrup if you want it sweeter.
- Serve with ice, lemon slices and mint leaves. Drink!
If you liked this recipe, Pin it!
Even I have heard about Lavender cakes a lot, but never got a chance to try one! Citrus flavored drinks are one of my favorites. This sound so refreshing and look pretty too.