These mini vanilla & white chocolate cream tarts with strawberries and an easy oreo crust are one of the best no bake oreo desserts.
No bake desserts like this no bake cheesecake with sauteed peaches are perfect during summer because who wants to start the oven when there's a heatwave outside?
This no bake oreo dessert is made in the form of mini tarts which are perfect as individual servings.
The white chocolate cream
The cream is made with white chocolate and vanilla extract and you may know it as Namelaka.
Namelaka means creamy texture in Japanese and it’s actually a cream a lot like chocolate ganache, only a bit more creamier!
This is due to the fact that the total amount of cream plus milk is more than the amount of chocolate. To compensate for the greater amount of liquids, some gelatin is added.
Contrary to its difficult name, it's fairly easy to make. You’ll only have to be a little careful with the ingredient measurements, just to achieve the right consistency.
The no bake oreo crust
For the tart shells I wanted something easy and with not so many calories as the typical oreo crust.
So I thought using the filling of the cookies as a substitute for half of the butter that the basic recipe requires.
Heating the crushed cookies in the microwave oven helps the filling – which is basically sugar and fat – to melt.
If you don’t have a microwave oven, I recommend separating the cookies from the filling first, then crashing the cookies and melting the filling and butter in a small saucepan.
So, for this easy no bake oreo dessert recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- White chocolate
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Lime zest
- Gelatin sheets
- Heavy cream, 35% fat
- Oreo cookies
- Red fruits such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries
The first time I made these mini no-bake cream tarts with strawberries, was at my mother’s birthday. She’d come to visit me from Crete, and the least I could do was something sweet and pretty to help us celebrate.
Like me, she too has a sweet tooth. Only, contrary to me, that I breathe for chocolate (hello triple chocolate mousse dessert), she prefers desserts with vanilla and fresh fruits.
So, I thought these tarts would be a good choice. Fortunately, so did my mom! I found great pleasure in watching her taking the first bite, waiting for a moment for the flavors to reach her taste buds and then seeing her smile with happiness!
Yes, in my family we believe that a good bite can make you feel happy!
Picture this: A nice, crumbly chocolate cookie as a base. Α creamy filling with a hint of vanilla and lime. Some fresh, fragrant, sweet and sour fruits on top.
And maybe some sprinkles of lime zest, just to get a bit fancy.
YUM! I don’t know many people who could resist to something like that.
Of course, these no-bake oreo tarts with white chocolate cream are best during spring/summer, when strawberries and cherries are in season.
But why limit yourself? You can top them with any kind of fruit you fancy. Peaches, grapes, tangerines, caramelized apples, kiwi are some of the choices I can think of.
Each will result in a different taste, equally delicious!
This recipe will yield 6 (4inch/10cm in diameter) mini tarts. Mini tart pans with removable bottoms are recommended.
You can make this recipe in one big tart pan, but you may have to increase the amount of the ingredients by half, depending by the size of your tart pan.
You can use the two recipes – tart shells and cream – separately.
Fill the shells with a simple chocolate ganache (dark or white), dulce de leche or even whipped cream. Top with your favorite fresh fruit and you have another easy no bake oreo dessert!
And for the Namelaka cream, I’m thinking using it as a filling for éclairs, choux, doughnuts, trifles…sky is the limit!
Just keep in mind that the cream needs to be stored in the fridge, and it will keep for 3-4 days.
And in case you have some red fruits left over and don’t know what to do with them, why don’t you make this smoothie? It’s guaranteed you’ll love it!
Please share this post if you liked it and give it a star rating if you make it!
No bake oreo dessert (white chocolate tarts with oreo crust)
For the vanilla & white chocolate cream:
- 8 oz real white chocolate (230 grams)
- ½ cup milk (120 ml)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 0.1 oz gelatin sheets (3 grams) ((see notes))
- 1 cup heavy cream 35% fat (240ml)
For the no bake oreo crust:
- 22 oreo cookies (240 grams)
- 3 tablespoons butter (45 grams)
- Some lime zest and red fruits such as strawberries, cherries, raspberries.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the cream, the vanilla extract and the lime zest just before boiling point and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for one minute and stir gently to melt the chocolate.
- Squeeze the gelatin in your hand, add to the chocolate and stir. Add the milk, stir to combine and refridgerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs (by hands or in a food processor).Put them in a heatproof bowl with the butter and heat on a microwave oven on high in 30 seconds increments until very warm and the butter is melted. Stir well.
- Fill 6 mini tart pans (4-inches in diameter) with removable bottoms. Press the cookie crumbs very firmly, until really compact and refrigerate until cold.
- Once the crusts are cold and firm to the touch, fill them with the white chocolate cream. It's best to use a pastry bag but a spoon will also do.Top with strawberries or other red fruits and some lime zest. Unmold and serve.